Sunday 10 July 2011

"I'd do anything to live my childhood again!"

Well, I have just the thing for you. I went to a school where my Dad works and I found one of the coolest and most entertaining things I have ever seen. A Story starters book!

My sister and I used this book as a game. This is how it works: there are 25 pages (in each section) in this book. 



By, each section, I mean there is one that says "Setting", second one says "Character" and the last one says "Plot." You'll come across different situations considering which page you flip each section on. 

How do we play? You'd choose a number between 1 and 25 for all three sections. For example, say you said: Setting 2, Character 4 and Plot 6...Then, I'd go on page 2, 4 and 6 respectively and let you know what you got. Then, you have around 2 to 3 days to make up a story using those three key things.


It could be a funny, tragic, pointless, short or extremely long story. Whatever you come up with will be treasured! Lets see how creative you guys get when you are TOLD to write :)

You can choose to do that or I have another book!

For this one, you choose a number between 1 to 200 and I'll give you a topic such as: "Write a story that begins with 'There I was on center stage, standing in the spotlight, when..."


If you have a kid around you, I'd love to have stories written by them. I asked my niece to write one ~ it'll be online soon!

ARE YOU READY FOR THIS CHALLENGE?! CAN YOU HANDLE IT?! 

say, yes!






4 comments:

  1. Ooh, ooh, me! I need a fun story to write. Something silly c:

    So I'd like:

    Setting: 14
    Character: 5
    Plot: 24

    8DDD This sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 110 (my goal weight , im still 60 pounds overweight :|)

    GIMME GIMME GIMME !!!

    i am so excited !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, but you have to give me 3 numbers between 1 and 25, like Alexa did :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOhhhh I want to do it too :)

    Setting: 10
    Character: 8
    Plot: 12

    ReplyDelete